Using a Stop & Jot
Videos For Teachers
Running A Quality Lesson
- Lesson Components
- Backward Planning a Quality Lesson
- Generating Student Effort
- Managing Behavior
Teacher Organization 🆕
- Organizing Your Week
- Efficient Grading
- Setting Up Your Classroom
Your lesson is humming along. You're feeling breezy. Then one of two things happens:
1. You realize, all of a sudden, that you've reached a crucial moment in your lesson, and you need to quickly determine if your students get the concept you are teaching.
2. ALL OF THE STUDENTS have an opinion. Hands are shooting up. "Oohs" are being oohed. But you only have time to get two opinions!
Relax, teacher. You've got a tool in your belt called the Stop & Jot, and it's a perfect way to get a quick snapshot of student understanding OR to let more than one "oohing" student get their ideas out. This video will show you how to run a tight and effective Stop & Jot.
“Surviving Your Rookie Year of Teaching” MOOC
This free, open-enrollment Coursera class explains 3 high leverage ideas and techniques to help teachers thrive in their first (or fifteenth) year of teaching.